What is ILLiad?
- ILLiad is the online system you use to request material not owned by the SJSU library.
- Through ILLiad your request is not just limited to the SJSU library or even the CSU system. We can request copies of items you need, articles and books, from throughout the USA and even other countries.
- You can get many of your articles more quickly through Electronic Delivery.
- You can get information about the status of your request through the Web at any time from any location without having to call the ILL Department.
- Library personnel are able to serve you better because all data about your request and its handling is stored in a searchable database. We are able to respond quickly to your inquiries about your request. We are also able to gather statistical information about the performance of the libraries that lend to us, enabling us to make better decisions when choosing a lender to supply an item.
Why do I need a username and password to use ILLiad?
Your username and password allows us to give you secure access to information about your interlibrary loan requests. We can also enable you to edit your personal information such as your address or phone number.
Your username has be to your University ID number. Your password can be anything you like. We recommend that you follow good security practice and choose a password that is different from those you use to access other systems. However, no one but you will know your password, not even the library staff. The password you set is stored in an encrypted file.
What if I forget my password?
In the event that you forget your password, you can go to the ILLiad login page and click on "Forgot Password?" enter your username (which should be your University ID number) and then you will receive an e-mail with a link to update your password. You may also contact the Interlibrary Services Office at (408) 808-2076, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. We can then verify your username and reset your password allowing you access to ILLiad. Please change your password once you logon to ILLiad.
What is electronic delivery?
Many libraries ship photocopies of articles to us in electronic format. In the past we printed these articles before delivering them to you. Now, through ILLiad, we are able to send them to you through electronic delivery of these articles in PDF format.