- What is ILLiad?
- Why use ILLiad?
- Why do I need a username and password to use ILLiad?
- What if I forget my password?
- Why don't I see all my older requests when I look at my request history?
- Who do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad?
- Why does my browser say that you're sending a cookie? What's in it?
What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is the electronic system you use to request material not owned by the King Library or San Jose Public Library branches. The name ILLiad can be thought of as an acronym for InterLibrary Loan internet accessible database. This is also the method by which San Jose State University materials can be requested for delivery to San Jose Public Library branches.
Why use ILLiad?
- Illiad allows the library access to materials that we do not carry in our own collection or materials we could obtain through Link+.
- ILLiad is the system by which branch patrons are able to request San Jose State University materials to be sent to the branch location of their choice.
- We are able to request more than just books including articles, book chapters, etc.
- There is the option of Electronic Delivery for certain materials.
Why do I need a username and password to use ILLiad?
Your username and password allows us to give you secure access to information about your interlibrary loan requests. We can also enable you to edit your personal information such as your address or phone number.
Your username can be anything you like, such as your name, abbreviations, or an alphanumeric code. Your password also can be anything you like. We recommend that you follow good security practice and choose a password that is different from those you use to access other systems. However, no one but you will know your password, not even the library staff. The password you set is stored in an encrypted file.
What if I forget my password?
In the event that you forget your username or password, please contact the Interlibrary Services Office at (408) 808-2073, Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm. We can then verify your username and reset your password allowing you access to ILLiad. Please change your password once you logon to ILLiad.
Why don't I see all my older requests when I look at my request history?
From time to time we purge older records from ILLiad. Our policy is to keep requests online for several years order to comply with record keeping requirements of the copyright law.
Who do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad?
For system problems or ILLiad questions, contact the Interlibrary Services office at (408)808-2073 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why does my browser say that you're sending a cookie? What's in it?
The technology that we use sends a Session ID to be stored on your machine. You can refuse this cookie and still be able to use ILLiad without any problems.